The Hobie Fishing Euros has made its way back to Sweden. Lake Åsunden will set the stage for the 9th edition of the Championship. And it promises to be a superb one. Lake Åsunden, know as excellent fishery, will host the 44 anglers coming from 13 countries across Europe. Pike, Perch and Zander are the target species.
According to the locals, the fishing has picked up over the past weeks which is just in time for our event. The competitor field is the strongest we have ever seen at a HFE. There are 3 former European Champions competing:
- Daniel van der Post, Nl, Winner of the inaugural event in the Netherlands (2014)
- Albin Falk, SE, Winner of HFE4 in the Netherlands (2017)
- Jonas Michelberger, DE, Winner of last years event held in Italy and current Hobie Fishing European Champion (2022)
Than we have the entire top three of the 2022 Hobie Fishing Worlds held in Åmål, Sweden.
- Stian Slora, NO, Current Hobie Fishing World Champion!
- Florian Linner, DE, runner up at HFW 2022
- Torge Schindler, 3rd place at HFW 2022
We have various winners of events from throughout Europe.
- Linus Ekwall, SE, Winner of the AMAL KAYAK FISHING CHALLENGE
- Axel Villemagne, FR, Winner of the PropulseKayak Challenge
- Mirko Piccioli, IT, Best placed Italian at the Campionato Interlaghi Kayak Fishing
Whoever wins this years event, he can say he fought of quite a field!
The anglers were allowed to go pre fishing this morning and as usual they got on the water early to make the most of it. The day started out foggy, but the sun managed to break the fog up rather quick. Around 3:00PM anglers started to get back and registration opened at 4:00Pm where competitor received their goodie bags and event jerseys.
During the necessary business part of the evening, yes the captains briefing, rules, boundaries, and all other questions are explained. Followed with the Lowrance Burger and Beer BBQ. Anglers can fuel up for the coming competition days which are promising to be exciting!
Comp day 1 will start with the briefing early morning and the anglers will take of onto Lake Åsunden at 7:00AM.